A few weeks ago one of my Spitz became ill. Pete (second from left) is about 8 years old and is so full of energy and eager to perform every show. Seeing him lie around the yard was unusual to say the least. I took him to see a vet one Saturday evening.
His unusual symptoms were worrying me: drooling, unquenchable thirst, puffy exhaled breaths, diarrhea and a red mouth. After lots of testing the vet was unsure what was causing these symptoms. He was put on a few different kinds of meds and began
His unusual symptoms were worrying me: drooling, unquenchable thirst, puffy exhaled breaths, diarrhea and a red mouth. After lots of testing the vet was unsure what was causing these symptoms. He was put on a few different kinds of meds and began
to feel better. But a day or so after the medicine ran out he started to get sick again. I took him to my regular vet who diagnosed him with a kidney disorder. Pete's mysterious illness is being treated and he should be 100% in no time. I am very relieved to know my little guy will be healthy soon. This guy is very sweet and loyal and if you've ever seen him work you can't miss him...tons of energy with a funny step to his run that usually gets a laugh from the audience! I'll update his progress in future posts.
Speaking of dogs...I mentioned in my first post that I have been working with my sister's Corgis. Here are a couple of pictures taken by my adopted son and big bro to my baby girls, Ryan "Radar" Easley. (He's quite the Ansel Adams.) Francesca has mastered jumping through hoops and rolling over. Rosie is getting the hang of the grapevine nicely and jumps into my arms like a pro! These dogs are a lot of fun and I look forward to putting together a nice routine when they're ready to go!
awake! She's a night owl, much like my dad. A little late night Yo Gabba Gabba never hurt anyone...except for the mom who has every Gabba song ever composed stuck in her head! When Toot's 20 she'll certainly have no memory of these annoying, yet somewhere
in there is a lesson songs. But I'll still be
singing them to myself when they roll me into the nursing home. If you've never had the misfortune of seeing Y.G.G., spare yourself unless your morbid curiosity gets the better of you. The creators of the show must've been on some serious allergy meds when they came up with the concept for that show.
Random question from Georgia: What's your favorite Spongebob episode? She loves the Hash Slinging Slasher... my favorite is Texas.
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - UNKNOWN

Hope Petey gets well soon....
ReplyDeleteLauren
Thank you! If all goes as expected, he should be home tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteMy FAVORITE FAVORITE Spongebob is the episode where they sell chocolate! I think that one is called Chocolate with Nuts. Texas is a close second for me. Texas is Trey's favorite episode. I also love Band Geeks!
ReplyDeleteSimone
Band Geeks is a great one! Bear loves that one too! Trey has good taste in Spongebon episodes! LOL Cha-boom!!
ReplyDelete