![]() |
| Chilli |
For quite a while I've been on the hunt for new Spitz. At one time I had a few, what I thought were solid leads on some dogs, but for one reason or another, they fell all through. This winter, however, dogs are falling out of the sky, and they are all white & fluffy! Well, most of them are.
The most recent addition to my dog family is a beautiful mini male who we named Chilli. He has the prettiest gold eyes and is so friendly, he doesn't seem to know a stranger. (I'll have to keep an extra eye on this guy to make sure he doesn't follow someone else home!) I introduced him to my dogs and Delta, the boss/queen/princess/star of the show and welcome wagon quickly sized him up. He seemed to meet with her and the other dogs' approval right away. He's an excellent jumper and loves to jump/walk on his hind legs. (I see hurdles and hoops in his future.)
![]() |
| Holly |
A few weeks ago, my Bible class teacher mentioned that her neighbors had a cute little white dog that needed a new home. While she was loved and well cared for, she killed one too many chickens. The owners felt it best she should have a little more elbow room in the country. I took one look at Holly, who looks like the R.C.A. dog's puppy and had to have her. She has boundless energy and yet has a good attention span. I was told she once did a back flip on her own....hmmmm....I see a place for her in the circus spot light.
Prior to Chilli and Holly's arrival, I adopted Dixie II. She's a lovely Samoyed mix, solid white, also with gold eyes. She's unavailable for a photo op at this time as she's currently across the street helping the rancher herd his cows. Apparently no one told her she's not a blue healer. Anyway, what energy Dixie II does have is spent across the street keeping in the cows in line or swimming in the pond at the back of my pasture. Aside from that her hobbies include, napping, lounging, sleeping, sunning herself on the back porch, followed by more napping and at night she eats like one of those cows across the street. She is seat-broke and will push a barrel from here to New Jersey for ham/cheese lunch meat. However, it's not easy for to her fit practice into such a busy schedule.
![]() |
| Left to right: Dixie I, Lassie, Fluffy, Chelsea, Delta That's Simone helping me in the background. 2005 |



Looks a bit like Holly is a smooth coat Jack Russell, doesn't it? ...Or has some Russell in her family tree -- especially with that tail cut. That would certainly account of the jumping. Nice addition!
ReplyDeleteYou know your breeds Ben! She is part Jack Russell! She's a real doll and a fast learner!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if you gave the dog commands in a British accent that day... LOLOLOL!!! I will never forget that as long as I live!
ReplyDeleteSimone
Now that I have so many new dogs I have to start working on getting them to respond to 'gov' and 'mate!' LOL!!
ReplyDelete