Monday, February 14, 2011

Busier Than a One-Armed Paper Hanger...

 


Georgia is "helping" me paint the play room! lol!
 
  The title of this entry accurately describes Georgia's winter calendar.  In the
last few days she's been invited to a birthday party, pizza luncheon, a dinner party, a school Valentine's Day party and we are in the midst of getting the invites ready for her upcoming slumber party.  I am very fortunate to have a kid who's friendly and personable (if I do say so myself).  But I have to keep an extra eye on her just for that reason.  Wherever we go, I remind her, "stay with me", "don't wonder off" and "DO NOT talk to anyone you don't know", etc... all of the usual warnings parents bestow upon their kids in an effort to keep them safe.
  Although Georgia loves circus school she always looks forward to coming home and going to "regular school."  Every winter she will tell me how she looks forward to meeting new kids.  Since we live in the country we have few neighbors, none of which have children her age.  But, we always manage to find something to occupy ourselves at home.  When the weather's warm we've taken to strolling up and down the street, Georgia on her scooter and I jog along side (well, when I can keep up with her) pushing Toot in her stroller.  We love kicking the soccer ball around, she helps me with the cooking/baking, playing with the dogs and Sherman the ferret. And since it's supposed to be real nice all week, I'll break out the croquet set!  (A personal childhood favorite, ahem, Lauren...) 
  Between school, a plethora of parties this winter, church activities, the occasional shopping trip to town, Sunday school, sleep overs, helping me with projects, like painting the play room, Georgia's had a pretty full winter.  I know she'll be sad to say good-bye to her school friends, but at the same time she's very excited about spending the season with her cousins...she talks about it non-stop lately!  No circus school this season so I will be home schooling her.  No worries, Mom's no fool...I know every trick Georgia has up her sleeve in a vain effort to slack off school work.  My medicine chest is well supplied for those "sore throats" & "upset stomachs," that will mysteriously come about when it's time to crack the school books open.
Sleep over with cousins Lana & Noah
Social butterfly, friendly, personable, sweet, playful...YES...able to get one over on mom...NOOOO!

BTW...The title of this entry is a Chandlerism (although not an original) that was often heard in my family.  More of those coming up this week

 
 



6 comments:

  1. Nat, if I'm not mistaken the "Chandlerism" in the title of today's blog ends "...with hives"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny Jack! I haven't heard that variation, but will put that to use! LOL! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "hives" part is optional, Jack...LOL

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie:

    Errol Maguire told me about your blog & I'm so glad he did. Thank you for sharing stories about your family. I worked with your Dad on Roberts Bros. Circus---he was a fun person to be around. He loved, as you do, his chosen vocation. Your writing style is very personal & very enjoyable reading. You & the girls will be in my thoughts & prayers as you begin a new chapter in your life. Take care & travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for reading my blog! I have Errol to thank for several readers! :)
    I have fond memories of visiting my dad and my sister & brother-in-law on R.B.C. It was a nice show and I know my family really enjoyed their time there.
    Thank you for the kind words and prayers...it means a lot. All the best to you in 2011!
    Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natalie.
    Joining the church went well. A great experience. I’m usually not particularly welcome in churches due to what John Moss calls my hyper-honesty disorder. These people are Navy jet pilots who are used to surprises. Their lives are much like circus lives, so we get along. Their sermons are online newportcommunitychurch.org and, due to the redeployment of members, accessed from all over. Current series is on the fundamentals of the faith, justification etc.
    Ed

    ReplyDelete