Well, here it is, only a few days until we open and I'm still making to do lists and planning last minute trips to the vet. I'm sure I have made more to do lists in the last few months than I have in my whole life. I did get a jump start on preparing for the road which has eased my mind. And, if my calculations are correct I've made my last to do list for the winter.
In the midst of errands, classes and projects I've had to squeeze in a few trips to the dentist. I haven't been in a few years. But since I lost a filling a few weeks ago I've made pretty good buddies with Dr. Easlon and couple of her assistants. One filling, one bridge and one crown later, my pocket book is lighter but my teeth are whiter. And no more tooth aches. I do have more dental work to be done, but it will have to wait till this coming winter.
I have recently managed to get help tearing down my old crooked mental barn. The barn has been there since long before we moved here in 2003. In fact, it's been there so long it actually leaned to one side. The doors were long gone and the holes in the roof were plentiful. The square rusted structure had been painted beige a few years ago in an effort make it a little less conspicuous than the former traditional barn red. But I noticed it everyday from the kitchen window. It was unsightly, to say the least. I managed to have all its contents stuffed into the old gray tiger trailer situated in the far corner of the back yard. (I would much rather look at the battleship gray trailer than that old leaky barn.) Most of the barn debris has been separated and organized. Some going to the dump and some going to the metal recycling place. In any case, soon it'll be pleasantly all gone! This project has been a long time coming.
My backyard has more space now not only because the barn is gone but my old dog compound has been taken down for the last time. For several years around this time of year I've disassembled my dog pen from the back yard in preparation for the use on the road. But since I've moved all the dogs and their supplies into the old tiger compound, the former dog compound has sat vacant. In packing the garage of the trailer today I was pleased to see that my estimated measurements for the dog compound panels' location were accurate.
Almost ready to go.
This winter I got Georgia's room done, and finally got my living room changed around so it is now fully functional, provides a perfect conversation area and lends a cozy reading corner. We can now easily access the awkwardly placed door to the garage. Which is a very good thing because this coming winter I plan to combine the contents of the garage with the contents of the old gray tiger trailer. If my plans come to fruition, the future former garage will be the exercise, craft, tv, Wii and all around game room. We plan on this room to be colorful, fun and noisy too. Leave it me to make plans for this coming winter when this coming season has yet to start. ;)
Nat, so what are you going to do for work projects on the road? WOW! You have been busy...
ReplyDeleteHi David!! Lol!! Well, my main project is to train my doggies! :)
ReplyDelete