Thursday, November 3, 2011

The End & The Beginning, In That Order

  Well, the season came to an end on Culpepper & Merriweather almost two weeks ago.  Since the girls and I have been home we've been on-the-go almost everyday. Between moving back into the house, school, errands, catching up with my KM friends, sending off my CM friends & family and miscellaneous repairs and projects the last...however many days we've been home, have gone by like a shot. Soon though, we'll be nice and settled.
  Needless to say, the girls and I are glad to be home and will get readjusted to town life soon.  I've always felt we have the best of both worlds. The circus gives us a chance to see the country, visit historical places, enjoy a variety of beautiful scenery, climates and meet people from many walks of life.  The off-time allows opportunities to rest up, practice, revamp or make new wardrobe and just enjoy staying in one place for a while.  Since Georgia is home schooled on the road and attends public school in the winter, I think she gets the best of both school worlds. 
  I have some projects planned for the winter break, including turning the play room into Georgia's bedroom, mending wardrobe and of course practicing a new routine for next year.  I'll need a couple of new dog seats as I plan to add at least one new dog and replace one old dog seat. The props will also be redecorated.  
  What we are really looking forward to is our upcoming trip to Florida in December!  We will head to St. Augustine in mid-December and stay for about 5 days or so. I'm excited to attend my niece's wedding and also to show Georgia around my old stomping grounds.  I lived in the nation's oldest city from 1980 to 1991.  It's a beautiful city that boasts a slew of historical sites. The beauty of its beaches and the downtown scenery at night is hard to beat. After we leave St. Augustine we'll drive south to visit my family in Gib-town over Christmas.  I haven't been home since 2008.  I'm anxious to be with my family over the holidays and can't wait to see my new nephew, Christopher! 
  Radar arrived today and the girls and I were glad to welcome him back!  It didn't take Toot long to warm back up to Dar and Georgia is super happy to hang with her "big bro" for a while.  We missed our KM buddies Steve and Ryan & Tatiana this season.  We got a kick out of watching Tootie and baby Combs play together. At one point Toot tried her hand at feeding Nico his bottle!  Last week we made plans to have them all down for steaks tonight.  I had no idea it'd work out great to coincide with Dar's return!  We had lots of laughs and lots of fun catching up on the last 8 months.  I only wish my Culpepper buddy DJ Weiss had been here to join in on the jokes, banters, quips and general "smarty pantsedness!"
  Work, fun and rest is on the rundown for this winter break.  



3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it in safe and sound!
    Have a nice time over the winter.
    Dick Dykes, The Balloonman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I am glad that you can spend some qualitey time with your circus friends on both shows. Keep us updated whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in college forty lifetimes ago, I had a boyfriend who lived in Jacksonville, and I went to visit him over spring break. We went to St. Augustine for the day, and toured that wonderful museum and the fort there. I have never forgotten it! I love St. Augustine.

    ReplyDelete