We are still in California but in more green, less mountainous areas. The jumps have been shorter which of course allows for more time during the day to get things done. That's always very nice!
My niece April came to visit over the last week. She celebrated her 19th birthday while she was here. She is the second oldest of R & R's five kids. It's hard to imagine her being almost 20 as the images of April toddling around in her Snoopy t-shirt and brightly colored kids' sunglasses are so fresh in my mind. I always say that the kids get older but I don't feel older. How'd I get to be 41??? When you're on the road time flies and when you have kids or have nieces or nephews that you're close to, time flies. I see them grow and change so quickly and yet I feel the same.
April has always marched to the beat of her own drum. She doesn't compare herself to others; she compares herself to herself as she tries to improve herself, move forward and try new things. She has a quiet strength about her and is a deep thinker. The most remarkable thing about April is her seemingly endless list of talents. Most of which she has honed and perfected on her own. Her incredible artistic abilities spill over into her make up transformations on herself and other people. She has a natural eye for coloring, contouring, highlighting and all those make up terms that sometimes confuse women. Her tattoo artwork is some of the best and most original I've seen. It blows out of the water much of the artwork I've seen any so-called professional conjure up on the walls of tattoo shops anywhere. She spends countless hours creating tattoo artwork masterpieces on clothing, shoes, banners, tote bags,etc and has created a demand for her original creations. April also has immeasurable patience. This is evident when she is dealing with the public, particularly children at her face painting stand or helping out at the novelty stand. One talent that showcases her seemingly Job-like patience for tedium is her jewelry making. This started out a few years ago when April was just kind of fooling around repairing some jewelry. That sparked an interest in creating her own pieces and the rest as they say, is history. She's made countless pieces for family and friends over the years and has continued to create a demand for her jewelry. There are two particular pieces that I have that always get compliments every single time I wear them. My favorite thing she does is making custom pieces to match outfits. She knows what she's doing, and again, this talent was cultivated on her own.
When April was on the show, almost every Sunday on Culpepper was "pedicure Domingo." This is when April would offer the girls on the show what I consider, bar none, the world's best ever pedicure. Now, I have been to nail salons all over and I can attest to the fact that April's pedicures are by far better than any professionals' work. Lord knows she's had plenty of practice giving pedicures, because again, she's created a demand.
![]() |
| Me and "Kin" |

No comments:
Post a Comment