We've been in Texas for a few days now, and I have to say, it's nice to be in my home state. Almost everyday we've been in Texas I've google mapped the distance to my house. I am not trying to dwell too far ahead into the upcoming winter months because I won't be able to truly enjoy the day. As I sometimes remind Georgia when she says she can't wait for this day or that day, it's not wise to wish our lives away.
But still, we are doing a few things to prepare for the end of the season, which by the way is creeping up more quickly everyday. We will be shopping for Georgia's school clothes this week. Class pictures will come around just after she starts public school, so we have to find just the right thing to wear! An oil change should last most of the off months, so I bought everything I need for the job to be done tomorrow. Soon, I'll call my garage and schedule my truck's annual transmission and rear end servicing. I have a few things to start my bedroom redecorating project too. It'll be nice to wake up this winter to something other than plain, cold unpainted walls and mismatching curtains.
Georgia loves Halloween and Toot is really starting to get into the costumes, candy and decorations. We bought colorful ghostly cartoon window peels for starters and are trying to come up with just the right costumes for all of us. Our plans for tomorrow include our continued hunt for Halloween threads. This year has been a challenge to find what the kids and I are looking for. Georgia has Monster High characters in mind, and as for Toot it is a toss up between an owl and a pirate. I think I'll know just the right costume when I see it. Every year as we search out costumes the overstuffed candy aisles call out our names...oh, the temptation of those 'fun size' candy bars!
With the change of seasons and all the holidays coming up, we've brought out the winter coats, space heaters and electric blankets. Even though I prefer blooming flowers and beaches to the changing colors of leaves and making of snowmen, there is something pretty special about this time of year. Mums, jack-o-lanterns & candy corn followed by turkey, gravy & cranberry sauce followed by pine trees, pictures with Santa & presents. Good stuff!!
No comments:
Post a Comment