Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Dos, New Dogs & The Dentist

  A lot can happen in a short period of time.  Change is good, usually, and I like to be surprised.  There have been some of both lately.  
  A few nights ago I was flipping through much of nothing on tv and found Michelle Williams on Letterman.  I've always loved her razor cut hair and was fondly remembering the time I had my hair in the very same style.  So I lie in bed watching Letterman's interview with her and grabbed my phone to Google search more of Michelle's hair styles.  I came across a few that I just loved and decided right there and then I'd go into get my hair cut as much like the style I'd just seen as I could get.  The following day I went to the place in Wal Mart and found my hair dresser on duty.  I showed her the few pics I'd saved on my phone and entrusted her to make me look as much like Michelle Williams as possible.  Seeing as how Kelly cut my hair twice five years prior and after moving away and recently moving back could vividly remember cutting my hair in a stacked bob, I figured she was up to the job.  She told me she remembers hair more that faces!  That I believe.  With Tootie on my lap Kelly went to work and in no time put a do on my head that I just fell in love with!  Even Georgia who was skeptical at first at my decision to cut about 6" off of my hair just loved the outcome.   I may not look exactly like Michelle Williams but my hair is pretty darned close!!  I was very pleasantly surprised at this drastic change and saved 3 bucks with my online coupon. ;) No regrets!
  As for dogs, well I have a few new acquisitions this winter.  Enter: Ned (Otto's back up), Kipper and Winston.  These fellows have quickly acclimated to life here in the country. I do hope they will just as quickly acclimate to circus life.  I have a good feeling.  Ned is a rescue from the pound.  He's a 10 pound Daschund/mini poodle mix with coal black wavy fur.  He is a little bratty but awfully sweet and smart and house broken.  I wish I could say the same about Kip.  He's a terrier mix with champagne fur and looks so much like the Tin Tin dog that I will probably rename him Tin Tin.  He's not house broken but that's is ok because he and my bestest pup Sui are bestest buds and tromp the neighborhood ALL day long!!  He's very athletic and bright and I am anxious to really do some intense training later on.   Winston is a pure bred Spitz and was named by my niece April.  I had him for a few days after I rescued him from the pound and all I could think of was how much he looked like my Fluffy, one of my original dogs.  But I couldn't call him Fluffy because I have Freddie.  I made the mistake of naming two dogs that both begin with D.  If I had a nickle for every time I called Dixie Delta and Delta Dixie, well, you get the picture.  After April laid a laundry list of doggie names on me, she came up with Winston and it fit him perfectly!  He's in the old dog compound which is very roomy and perfectly situated so he can get used to things around here.  He's pretty young and needs a good grooming.  His sparking eyes need to be show cased by well groomed snowy fur.  Grooming day is just around the corner.
  My former trouble maker Freddie has redeemed himself 100 fold.  In just casually messing around with him and testing behaviors, I have found that he is multi-talented!!  Every behavior in which I tested his ability, he excelled!  Within about 15 minutes he was going through training without a leash.  Bright eyed and attentive yet bouncy and fun!  Talk about your pleasant surprises!!
  A not so pleasant surprise came in the form of a lost filling last week.  After seeing my dentist I have discovered that chronic acid reflux has caused such decay around the inner gum line that major dental work is needed.  No way around it.  Today marks the first of several days that I'll be in that ever so unpleasant reclined position, mouth wide opened trying not to gag as they drill, pull and fill.  Root canals and crowns are in order along with a bridge...:/ ...such is life.  

NOTE: As soon as I can get Dar to help fix the last of my vacation pics, I post them!!  I haven't forgotten!









 


 

1 comment:

  1. And your new hair do is so pretty!! It does look so great! Michelle would be proud and you do us all proud!! I love it, so does Billy!!And it inspired me to go get mine done again, with new red and short but with long bangs that I can put back with Spike, or wear down in my face, or over to the side! Rock on sister friend!!xoxoxo to you, Theo, the big doggie, all the doggies and my little sweethearts!!xxoxo

    ReplyDelete